Creativity is a fearless mental process that is in all of us.
We are all born creative, and, somewhere along the way of growing up and life happening, we forgot how to tap into it. To live happier lives, we need to re-learn how to unleash our creativity. Creativity will open the doors to new life; it rejuvenates us, enables us to deal with stress, and be the best we can be for ourselves, our families, and the world.
To be a creator, one needs to be in total trust with what is and to let go of what if. A creative mind is in flow with all possibilities. Creativity is taking risks and thinking outside the box. It isn’t about being able to paint; it’s about expressing who you are and what you are capable of. It’s about using the right side of the brain and allowing yourself to try new things and stepping out of your comfort zone even if they don’t always turn out as you planned.
We were all born a genius, filled with everything we need to express and unleash our creativity. So what happened to this energy as we became adults? Did it get covered up and locked away? Did we become too absorbed in our rational minds?
The major misconception about creativity is that we often associate it with the arts; however, creativity extends far beyond the world of art; we are creating every second of every day, whether we realize it or not. Having a conversation, every behavior, a relationship, an idea, making a business deal, building a reputation, making a meal, is all a creation.
It is this inner forgotten creation that is immensely important for self -growth and to produce a happier, more holistic way of being.
Now the question is, how does one unite these inner and outer creative expressions into one?
One way to re-ignite the creative mind is to search for what feels enjoyable and right. Creativity needs to feel true, fun, and easy. If you are feeling stressed and overwhelmed, you are overthinking! And you are allowing the Conscious mind to be in control. When we embrace our creativity and the beauty of our emotions and ideas, we can share it as our very own unique art and enrich the experiences of those we love and our lives as well.
Ways to Unleash Creativity:
1. Be present – Live in the moment; meditate, clear your mind & relax. A present and de-stressed mind tend to be more creative.
2. Drop the “I Can’t”– Instead, become curious and ask what if, and how can I?
3. Take Risks– Make a conscious choice to do things differently than your fixed pattern. Be open to new ways to explore your creativity.
4. Let go – Don’t concern yourself with what others think or how they look at you. Creative people have fun lives and are not afraid of being judged.
5. Look for opportunities – Look for ways to be spontaneous. As you take yourself out of your comfort zone more and more each day, your sense of adventure grows, and so does your creativity.
6. De-Clutter – Remove the mental & visual clutter from your life. Creativity needs room to grow.
7. Drop the need for perfection – Being a perfectionist kills creativity! Stop questioning yourself if you are doing it right. Enjoy the process and don’t worry about the result.
8. Live with passion – When you put the right amount of feeling and emotion into what you do, then you can more easily unleash the creative child within you. Give your 100% to whatever you do.
9. Be Fearless – allowing limiting and negative beliefs to control you, is what blocks the creative process. Your thoughts are creating these limitations. Don’t be afraid to be wrong.
10. Be curious – A curious mind dives into uncertainty with a positive outlook. It wants to learn and explore. It allows us to tap into our potential and find new ways, tools, and skills to solve the unknown.
11. Play – Have fun, and let go of expectations, enjoy the process. Celebrate your creative achievements, big or small.
Like everything else in life, creativity needs practice, allocate a time each day to practice these points and whatever else works for you.
Increase the time each day until creativity becomes part of your daily routine.
Leave a Reply